Jump to Main Content
- Janairo, Jose Isagani B.; Janairo, Gerardo C.; Co, Frumencio F.
- Nova biotechnologica et chimica 2018 v.17 no.1 pp. 58-65
- Culicidae; artificial intelligence; deet; energy; enthalpy; entropy; heat; insect repellents; models; prediction; statistical analysis; vector control
- ... The increasing prevalence of mosquito – borne diseases has prompted intensified efforts in the prevention of being bitten by the vector. Among the various strategies of vector control, the application of repellents provides instant and effective protection from mosquitoes. However, emerging concerns regarding the safety of the widely used repellent, DEET, has led to initiatives to explore natural ...
- Teplicky, Tibor; Chorvat, Dusan; Michalka, Miroslav; Chorvatova, Alzbeta Marcek
- Nova biotechnologica et chimica 2018 v.17 no.1 pp. 38-47
- algae; cobalt; energy; fluorescence; image analysis; nanoparticles; nickel; scanning electron microscopy; spectral analysis; spectroscopy; zinc
- ... Nanoparticles (NPs) proved to have numerous applications in various fields, including biomedicine and environmental sciences. In this work, we designed and created an apparatus for fabrication of metal NPs directly in liquids initiated by femtosecond laser pulses. The laser parameters leading to ~10 μJ/pulse energy and 0.1 GW peak power resulted in predominantly spherical particles with the sizes ...