Jump to Main Content
- Dube, Cyril; Tandlich, Roman; Wilhelmi, Brendan
- Nova biotechnologica et chimica 2018 v.17 no.1 pp. 16-28
- adsorbents; adsorption; antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; aqueous solutions; bacteria; ciprofloxacin; coal fly ash; electrostatic interactions; equations; heat; isoniazid; kaolinite; liquids; models; pH; perlite; sorption isotherms; talc; vermiculite
- ... This paper describes study of ciprofloxacin and isoniazid removal from aqueous solutions using coal fly ash (FA), kaolinite, perlite, talc and vermiculite. The adsorptive features of the adsorbents were evaluated for ciprofloxacin and isoniazid with regards to the effects of contact time, pH, the solid/liquid ratio and antibiotic concentration. All adsorbents were sterilised by dry heat before use ...
- Janairo, Jose Isagani B.; Janairo, Gerardo C.; Co, Frumencio F.
- Nova biotechnologica et chimica 2018 v.17 no.1 pp. 58-65
- Culicidae; artificial intelligence; deet; energy; enthalpy; entropy; heat; insect repellents; models; prediction; statistical analysis; vector control
- ... The increasing prevalence of mosquito – borne diseases has prompted intensified efforts in the prevention of being bitten by the vector. Among the various strategies of vector control, the application of repellents provides instant and effective protection from mosquitoes. However, emerging concerns regarding the safety of the widely used repellent, DEET, has led to initiatives to explore natural ...