Jump to Main Content
- Roychowdhury, Dipasree, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Nucleus 2012 v.55 no.1 pp. 17-20
- Bacopa monnieri; Tylophora indica; Withania somnifera; chromosome number; chromosomes; karyotyping; medicinal plants
- ... Chromosome characters of three indigenous medicinal plants of high repute were studied. Their karyotypes were commonly mono-modal, decreasing in length from the longest to the shortest chromosomes. The chromosome complement in centromeric positions was 6sm+34M+24m for Bacopa monnieri (L.) Wettst. (2nâ=â64), 2m.st+12M+6sm+2m for Tylophora indica (Burm.f.) Merrill (2nâ=â22) and 2m.st+4m.sm+4 ...
- Roychowdhury, Dipasree, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Nucleus 2013 v.56 no.2 pp. 81-89
- Rhizobium rhizogenes; Tylophora indica; axenic culture; chromosome number; genes; genetic stability; genetic transformation; somatic embryogenesis; transgenic plants
- ... Transgenic plants of Tylophora indica obtained via somatic embryogenesis through genetic transformation by Agrobacterium rhizogenes have been maintained in vitro for over 6 years and the comparison of long term cultures and field grown normal and transformed plants on various morphological, biochemical and molecular characterisation described. Ri-transformed plants were found to be morphologically ...