Jump to Main Content
- Lehrsch, G. A.; Brown, B.; Lentz, R. D.; Johnson-Maynard, J. L.; Leytem, A. B.
- Nutrient cycling in agroecosystems 2016 v.104 no.2 pp. 125-142
- composts, etc ; Beta vulgaris; ammonium nitrogen; bags; dairy manure; field experimentation; growing season; mineralization; nitrate nitrogen; nitrogen; nutrient use efficiency; planting; polyethylene; seasonal variation; soil temperature; spring; sugar beet; water quality; winter; Idaho; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Adequate characterization of nitrogen (N) mineralization with time from manure and other organic sources is needed to maximize manure N use efficiency, decrease producer costs, and protect groundwater quality. The objective of our 2-year field study at Parma, ID, was to quantify in situ N mineralization with time as affected by a one-time fall application of solid dairy manure, either composted or ...
- Baldi, Elena; Marcolini, Graziella; Quartieri, Maurizio; Sorrenti, Giovambattista; Muzzi, Enrico; Toselli, Moreno
- Nutrient cycling in agroecosystems 2016 v.105 no.1 pp. 39-50
- composts, etc ; Prunus persica var. nucipersica; calcium; cattle manure; copper; detection limit; fruits; heavy metals; iron; leaves; magnesium; manganese; mature plants; mineral fertilizers; mineralization; nectarines; nitrates; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nutrient management; nutrients; nutritional status; orchards; pollutants; soil; soil fertility; soil organic matter; storage organs; summer; trees; zinc; Show all 31 Subjects
- ... Recycled organic fertilizers may be used to replace chemical source of nutrients; however, some nutrients such as nitrogen and heavy metals released by mineralization can become potential pollutants. The objective of this experiment was to compare, over a 3-year-period of time, the effectiveness of two organic fertilizers (cow manure and compost) with a traditional mineral fertilizer on soil ferti ...