Jump to Main Content
- Kelln, Breeanna; Lardner, Herbert; Schoenau, Jeff; King, Tom
- Nutrient cycling in agroecosystems 2012 v.92 no.2 pp. 183-194
- barley; beef cows; biomass; composts; cropping systems; field experimentation; grazing; nitrate nitrogen; nitrogen; nutrients; phosphorus; resistance to penetration; roots; soil density; soil nutrients; soil strength; soil structure; soil treatment; spring; winter
- ... A field experiment was conducted on continuous barley to evaluate the effects of 3 beef cattle winter feeding systems (bale grazing (BG); swath grazing (SG); strawâchaff grazing (STCH)) and pen manure and compost application on soil N and P amounts and distribution, soil density and barley crop biomass. Cattle winter feeding systems were managed during the winter of 2005â2006. Effects of exten ...
- Abdalla, Sahar Babiker; Predotova, Martina; Gebauer, Jens; Buerkert, Andreas
- Nutrient cycling in agroecosystems 2012 v.92 no.2 pp. 119-132
- animal manures; carbon; cropping systems; environmental impact; floods; fruits; gardening; green leafy vegetables; highlands; irrigation; livestock; lowlands; markets; meat; nitrogen; nutrient use efficiency; phosphorus; potassium; raw vegetables; rivers; sediments; soil; soil fertility; surpluses; urban agriculture; vegetable gardens; Nile River; Sudan
- ... The role of urban agriculture (UA) for the supply of fresh vegetables, fruits and meat for local markets is well known. The periodically flooded Gerif soils on the River Nile banks in the core of Khartoum city harbour vegetable gardens that supply perishable leafy vegetables with a short life cycle. In an effort to assess their sustainability and possible negative environmental impact we used a ho ...