Jump to Main Content
- Abdalla, Sahar Babiker; Predotova, Martina; Gebauer, Jens; Buerkert, Andreas
- Nutrient cycling in agroecosystems 2012 v.92 no.2 pp. 119-132
- animal manures; carbon; cropping systems; environmental impact; floods; fruits; gardening; green leafy vegetables; highlands; irrigation; livestock; lowlands; markets; meat; nitrogen; nutrient use efficiency; phosphorus; potassium; raw vegetables; rivers; sediments; soil; soil fertility; surpluses; urban agriculture; vegetable gardens; Nile River; Sudan
- ... The role of urban agriculture (UA) for the supply of fresh vegetables, fruits and meat for local markets is well known. The periodically flooded Gerif soils on the River Nile banks in the core of Khartoum city harbour vegetable gardens that supply perishable leafy vegetables with a short life cycle. In an effort to assess their sustainability and possible negative environmental impact we used a ho ...
- Lam, Shu Kee; Chen, Deli; Norton, Rob; Armstrong, Roger
- Nutrient cycling in agroecosystems 2012 v.92 no.2 pp. 133-144
- Triticum aestivum; carbon dioxide; grain yield; irrigation; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrogen fertilizers; rain; soil; sowing; spring wheat; urea; Australia
- ... There are few reports on the effects of atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration ([CO2]) on fertilizer N recovery by crops under open-air conditions. This study was conducted at the Australian Grains Free-Air CO2 Enrichment (AGFACE) facility in southern Australia to investigate the effects of elevated [CO2] (550 μmol mol−1) on growth, N uptake and fertilizer 15N recovery by spring wheat (Triticum ...