Jump to Main Content
- Lam, Shu Kee; Chen, Deli; Norton, Rob; Armstrong, Roger
- Nutrient cycling in agroecosystems 2012 v.92 no.2 pp. 133-144
- Triticum aestivum; carbon dioxide; grain yield; irrigation; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrogen fertilizers; rain; soil; sowing; spring wheat; urea; Australia
- ... There are few reports on the effects of atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration ([CO2]) on fertilizer N recovery by crops under open-air conditions. This study was conducted at the Australian Grains Free-Air CO2 Enrichment (AGFACE) facility in southern Australia to investigate the effects of elevated [CO2] (550 μmol mol−1) on growth, N uptake and fertilizer 15N recovery by spring wheat (Triticum ...
- Bell, M. J.; Jones, E.; Smith, J.; Smith, P.; Yeluripati, J.; Augustin, J.; Juszczak, R.; Olejnik, J.; Sommer, M.
- Nutrient cycling in agroecosystems 2012 v.92 no.2 pp. 161-181
- agricultural land; emissions; field capacity; global warming; land use change; models; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrous oxide; organic soils; soil pH; soil water
- ... The global warming potential of nitrous oxide (N2O) and its long atmospheric lifetime mean its presence in the atmosphere is of major concern, and that methods are required to measure and reduce emissions. Large spatial and temporal variations means, however, that simple extrapolation of measured data is inappropriate, and that other methods of quantification are required. Although process-based m ...