Jump to Main Content
- Brannon, Patsy M.; Taylor, Christine L.
- Nutrients 2017 v.9 no.12
- food fortification, etc ; at-risk population; developed countries; gastrointestinal system; gestational diabetes; hematopoiesis; homeostasis; infancy; infants; iron; iron deficiency anemia; issues and policy; neurodegenerative diseases; nutrient deficiencies; pregnancy; pregnant women; premature birth; screening; uncertainty; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Iron is particularly important in pregnancy and infancy to meet the high demands for hematopoiesis, growth and development. Much attention has been given to conditions of iron deficiency (ID) and iron deficient anemia (IDA) because of the high global prevalence estimated in these vulnerable life stages. Emerging and preliminary evidence demonstrates, however, a U-shaped risk at both low and high i ...
- Hwalla, Nahla; Al Dhaheri, Ayesha Salem; Radwan, Hadia; Alfawaz, Hanan Abdullah; Fouda, Mona A.; Al‐Daghri, Nasser Mohammed; Zaghloul, Sahar; Blumberg, Jeffrey B.
- Nutrients 2017 v.9 no.3
- food fortification, etc ; adolescents; at-risk population; children; dietary supplements; elderly; folic acid; food intake; food security; iron; issues and policy; nutrient deficiencies; nutrition education; nutrition monitoring; pregnant women; public-private partnerships; vitamin D; Middle East; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Micronutrient deficiencies and inadequacies constitute a global health issue, particularly among countries in the Middle East. The objective of this review is to identify micronutrient deficits in the Middle East and to consider current and new approaches to address this problem. Based on the availability of more recent data, this review is primarily focused on countries that are in advanced nutri ...