Jump to Main Content
- Zortea, Karine; Franco, Viviane C.; Francesconi, Lenise P.; Cereser, Keila M. M.; Lobato, Maria Inês R.; Belmonte-de-Abreu, Paulo S.
- Nutrients 2016 v.8 no.2
- waist circumference, etc ; blood glucose; body fat; cardiovascular diseases; glucose; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; lipid composition; longevity; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; men; metabolic diseases; mortality; overweight; patients; placebos; protein metabolism; randomized clinical trials; resveratrol; risk factors; schizophrenia; triacylglycerols; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Background: Patients with schizophrenia (SZ) are generally overweight or obese and have several metabolic disorders. Additionally, such patients have a lower life expectancy and the main cause of their increased mortality is cardiovascular disease (CVD). The objective of this study was to determine the efficacy of resveratrol supplementation on serum glucose and CVD risk factors in individuals wit ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kim, Kijoon; Vance, Terrence M.; Chun, Ock K.
- Nutrients 2016 v.8 no.1
- waist circumference, etc ; C-reactive protein; National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey; USDA; adults; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; biomarkers; blood; blood pressure; body mass index; databases; diet recall; dietary supplements; epidemiological studies; fasting; glucose; heart failure; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; homeostasis; ingredients; insulin; insulin resistance; isoflavones; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; models; orange juice; proanthocyanidins; risk factors; small fruits; stroke; tea; triacylglycerols; vegetables; wines; United States; Show all 36 Subjects
- ... Evidence from epidemiologic studies has shown that total antioxidant capacity (TAC) in the diet might be inversely associated with stroke, heart failure, and inflammatory biomarkers. However, studies on the association of TAC from both diet and supplements with cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors in the U.S. population are lacking. This cross-sectional population-based study aimed to investi ...
- PubMed Central: