Jump to Main Content
- Angelopoulos, Theodore J.; Lowndes, Joshua; Sinnett, Stephanie; Rippe, James M.
- Nutrients 2016 v.8 no.4
- waist circumference, etc ; body mass index; cardiovascular diseases; cholesterol; diastolic blood pressure; diet; fructose; glucose; high fructose corn syrup; metabolic syndrome; milk; risk factors; sucrose; triacylglycerols; weight control; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The objective of the current study was to explore our hypothesis that average consumption of fructose and fructose containing sugars would not increase risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD) and the metabolic syndrome (MetS). A randomized, double blind, parallel group study was conducted where 267 individuals with BMI between 23 and 35 kg/m2 consumed low fat sugar sweetened milk, daily for ...
- Bermúdez-Cardona, Juliana; Velásquez-Rodríguez, Claudia
- Nutrients 2016 v.8 no.2
- waist circumference, etc ; C-reactive protein; blood serum; cholesteryl esters; cross-sectional studies; fatty acids; food intake; free fatty acids; gas chromatography; glucose; homeostasis; insulin; lifestyle; lipid composition; metabolic syndrome; models; nutritional status; phospholipids; physical activity; triacylglycerols; youth; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... The study evaluated the profile of circulating fatty acids (FA) in obese youth with and without metabolic syndrome (MetS) to determine its association with nutritional status, lifestyle and metabolic variables. A cross-sectional study was conducted in 96 young people, divided into three groups: obese with MetS (OBMS), obese (OB) and appropriate weight (AW). FA profiles were quantified by gas chrom ...