Jump to Main Content
- Joris, Peter J.; Mensink, Ronald P.
- Nutrients 2015 v.7 no.3 pp. 1728-1743
- nutrition risk assessment, etc ; adults; cardiovascular diseases; carotenoids; dose response; fasting; meta-analysis; randomized clinical trials; vasodilation; vitamin D; vitamin E; vitamin K; vitamin supplements; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The effects of fat-soluble vitamin supplementation on cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk are not clear. Therefore, we performed a meta-analysis to quantify effects of fat-soluble vitamin supplements on fasting flow-mediated vasodilation (FMD) of the brachial artery, a validated marker to assess CVD risk. Randomized placebo-controlled trials (RCTs) were identified by a systematic search till July 20 ...
- PubMed Central:
- Grant, William B.; Wimalawansa, Sunil J.; Holick, Michael F.; Cannell, John J.; Pludowski, Pawel; Lappe, Joan M.; Pittaway, Mary; May, Philip
- Nutrients 2015 v.7 no.3 pp. 1538-1564
- nutrition risk assessment, etc ; adolescents; adults; autoimmune diseases; blood serum; cardiovascular diseases; children; cholecalciferol; dementia; dentistry; diabetes mellitus; health promotion; health services; infants; musculoskeletal system; neoplasms; oral health; patients; physical activity; randomized clinical trials; respiratory tract diseases; skeletal development; ultraviolet radiation; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... People with neurodevelopmental disorders and intellectual disabilities have much greater health care needs. Mainly staying indoors, such people generally have low 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D) concentrations. The Vitamin D Task Force of the American Academy of Developmental Medicine and Dentistry (AADMD) reviewed the evidence of 25(OH)D concentrations that benefit the health of persons with develo ...
- PubMed Central: