Jump to Main Content
- Maggio, Marcello, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Nutrients 2019 v.11 no.2
- body mass index; caregivers; cognition; cross-sectional studies; dementia; elderly; exercise test; inventories; multivariate analysis; nutrition assessment; nutritional status; patients; quality of life; walking
- ... The assistance to older community-dwellers provided by family caregivers is crucial for the maintenance of an acceptable quality of life, especially when dementia is present. The caregiver burden may be extremely high, but few data are available on what patient domains mainly affect the caregiver. The aim of this cross-sectional study, performed in older outpatients, was to examine the impact of c ...
- Maggio, Marcello, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Nutrients 2013 v.5 no.10 pp. 4184-4205
- bioactive properties; elderly; inflammation; insulin-like growth factor I; magnesium; minerals; nutrients; nutritional status; oxidative stress; selenium; therapeutics; zinc
- ... The decline in functional capacity is a heterogeneous phenomenon in the elderly. An accelerated ageing determines a frail status. It results in an increased vulnerability to stressors for decreased physiological reserves. The early identification of a frail status is essential for preventing loss of functional capacity, and its clinical consequences. Frailty and mobility limitation result from an ...