Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Yuying, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Nutrients 2019 v.11 no.7
- Lactobacillus reuteri; acetyl coenzyme A; acetylcysteine; antioxidants; bacterial culture; breast milk; citrulline; culture media; energy; enzymes; glyoxylate cycle; immunomodulation; metabolites; metabolomics; methionine; methylation; mothers; probiotics; proteins; proteomics; secretion; spermidine; urea cycle
- ... Human breast milk (HBM) may have beneficial effects on Lactobacillus reuteri DSM 17938 (LR 17938) -mediated immunomodulation. We aimed to determine the effects of HBM on proliferation of LR 17938 in vitro and its associated proteins and metabolites in culture, in order to provide mechanistic insights into the health benefits of LR 17938. LR 17938 was cultured anaerobically in MRS bacterial culture ...
- Liu, Yuying, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Nutrients 2018 v.10 no.10
- animal models; antigens; bacteria; biochemical pathways; colitis; immune system; inflammation; intestinal microorganisms; intestines; metabolism; metabolites; nucleosides; polysaccharides; probiotics; randomized clinical trials; receptors; rheumatoid arthritis; sclerosis; short chain fatty acids; tryptophan
- ... Probiotics have been used to ameliorate gastrointestinal symptoms since ancient times. Over the past 40 years, probiotics have been shown to impact the immune system, both in vivo and in vitro. This interaction is linked to gut microbes, their polysaccharide antigens, and key metabolites produced by these bacteria. At least four metabolic pathways have been implicated in mechanistic studies of pro ...