Jump to Main Content
- An, P., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Nutrition, metabolism, and cardiovascular diseases 2015 v.25 no.1 pp. 24-35
- cardiovascular diseases; cohort studies; confidence interval; databases; dose response; food intake; heme; heme iron; meta-analysis; metabolism; patients; public health; relative risk
- ... Iron is thought to play a fundamentally important role in the development of cardiovascular disease (CVD). This meta-analysis was performed to investigate the dose–response association between dietary intake of iron (including heme and non-heme iron) and the risk of CVD.We performed a search of the PubMed and Embase databases for prospective cohort studies of the association between dietary iron i ...
- An, P., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Nutrition, metabolism, and cardiovascular diseases 2013 v.23 no.10 pp. 987-994
- adiponectin; diet; drugs; epidermal growth factor receptors; genes; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; humans; insulin resistance; linear models; metabolic diseases; signal transduction; single nucleotide polymorphism; therapeutics
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Adiponectin is an adipose-secreted protein that has been linked to changes in insulin sensitivity, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, and inflammatory patterns. Although fenofibrate therapy can raise adiponectin levels, treatment response is heterogeneous and heritable, suggesting a role for genetic mediators. This is the first genome-wide association study of fenofi ...
- PubMed Central: