Jump to Main Content
- Gomes, A.P.O; Ferreira, M.A; Camargo, J.M.; Araújo, M.O.; Mortoza, A.S.; Mota, J.F.; Coelho, A.S.G.; Capitani, C.D.; Coltro, W.K.T.; Botelho, P.B.
- Nutrition 2019
- acute effects; biomarkers; blood sampling; cardiovascular diseases; cholesterol; diastolic blood pressure; glucose; glycemic control; high density lipoprotein; high fat foods; hyperlipidemia; insulin; nitrates; nitrites; nitrogen oxides; organic foods; placebos; polyphenols; risk factors; triacylglycerols; vegetable juices
- ... : Beet leaves and stalks (BLS) are rich in polyphenols, but their effect on risk factors for cardiovascular disease in humans has not yet been investigated. Thus, we sought to analyze the acute effect of BLS juice, containing different concentrations of polyphenols, on lipemia, glycemic control, oxide nitric concentration and blood pressure (BP) in dyslipidemic subjects after a high-fat meal.: In ...
- Marinho, Thatiany de Souza; Ornellas, Fernanda; Barbosa-Da-Silva, Sandra; Mandarim-De-Lacerda, Carlos A.; Aguila, Marcia Barbosa
- Nutrition 2019
- adiponectin; beta oxidation; cholesterol; fasting; fatty liver; food intake; fructose; glucose; glucose tolerance tests; high fructose diet; inflammation; insulin; leptin; lipid composition; lipogenesis; liver; males; mice; nutritional intervention; obesogenic diet; triacylglycerols
- ... Intermittent fasting (‘IF’) is a nutritional intervention whose significant metabolic effects on the liver are not yet fully understood.We used cellular and molecular techniques to investigate the effects of ‘IF’ on body mass (BM), lipid profile, glucose metabolism, and the liver lipogenesis, beta-oxidation, and inflammation. Male C57BL/6 mice three-month-old were fed Control (C, 10% KCal fat), Hi ...