Jump to Main Content
- de Andrade Bernal Fagiani, Marcela; Fluminhan, Antônio; de Azevedo Mello, Fabíola; Yabuki, Denise; Gonçalves, Gracielle Vieira; Tsujigushi, Leticia Kazama; Pereira, Liliane Girotto; da Silva, Kesia Araújo; da Silva, Sara Bertozo Bezerra; Santarem, Cecilia Laposy; Giozo, Paulo Felipe Izique; de Souza Reis, Luis Souza Lima
- Nutrition 2019
- DNA; DNA damage; arginine; diarrhea; drinking water; drug therapy; eosinophils; fluorouracil; genotoxicity; immunosuppression; jejunum; laboratory animals; leukocyte count; lymphocytes; polycythemia; prothrombin; rats; spleen; weight loss
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of low doses of L-arginine supplementation on hemogram, integrity of DNA and spleen, inflammatory infiltrate in the jejunum, and in the coagulogram of rats submitted to 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) chemotherapy.Thirty-two Wistar rats were fed commercial feed and water ad libitum and grouped into 4 (8 rats/group): the control group was applied a 0.9% ...
- Fayaz, Elham; Damirchi, Arsalan; Zebardast, Nozhat; Babaei, Parvin
- Nutrition 2019
- adipokines; blood glucose; blood serum; cinnamon; diabetes; exercise; females; glucose; herbal medicines; insulin; insulin resistance; laboratory animals; lipid composition; low density lipoprotein; menopause; metabolic syndrome; ovariectomy; rats; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; waist circumference; women
- ... : The incidence of metabolic syndrome (MetS) in menopausal women is one of the main concerns of health cares. Metabolic syndrome clusters have been known to be related to imbalance in pro and anti-inflammatory adipokines such as SFRP5 and WNT5A. WNT5A induces inflammatory state to induce insulin resistance and further pathological consequences. Recent strategies to prevent progressions of MetS tow ...