Jump to Main Content
- de Castro Pimentel, Aline; Scorsatto, Mauara; Moraes de Oliveira, Gláucia Maria; Rosa, Glorimar; Luiz, Ronir Raggio
- Nutrition 2015 v.31 no.6 pp. 827-833
- adults; blood glucose; body composition; body mass index; cardiovascular diseases; diabetes mellitus; education; glucose; guidelines; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; homeostasis; insulin; models; prediction; risk; triacylglycerols; waist circumference
- ... The aim of this study was to identify metabolically healthy obese individuals (MHOs) and their characteristics, as well as to estimate cardiovascular risk using the Framingham score.In all, 258 adult individuals, with body mass index ≥30 kg/m², and no report of diabetes mellitus or cardiovascular disease, were classified according to their metabolic state considering two criteria: rhe National Cho ...
- Zambom de Souza, Alessandra Zanin; Zambom, Adriano Zanin; Abboud, Kahlile Youssef; Reis, Sabrina Karen; Tannihão, Fabiana; Guadagnini, Dioze; Saad, Mario J.A.; Prada, Patricia Oliveira
- Nutrition 2015 v.31 no.6 pp. 884-889
- Actinobacteria; Bacteroidetes; Dialister; Pseudobutyrivibrio; Veillonella; adults; alanine; bioinformatics; biomarkers; body mass index; glutamine; intestinal microorganisms; obesity; weight loss
- ... The aim of this study was to determine whether oral supplementation with l-glutamine (GLN) modifies the gut microbiota composition in overweight and obese adults.Thirty-three overweight and obese adults, ages between 23 and 59 y and body mass index between 25.03 and 47.12 kg/m², were randomly assigned to receive either oral supplementation with 30 g of l-alanine (ALA group control) or 30 g of GLN ...