Jump to Main Content
- Chang, Jung-Su, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Nutrition 2016 v.32 no.5 pp. 601-608
- acetyl coenzyme A; adipose tissue; blood serum; body fat; body weight changes; canola oil; carnitine; dietary fat; enzyme activity; experimental diets; fat intake; fatty acid composition; food intake; hamsters; insulin; leptin; lipid metabolism; lipoprotein lipase; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; males; monounsaturated fatty acids; soybean oil; soybeans; tissue weight; weight gain
- ... The aim of this study was to explore the effects of different amounts of dietary fatty acids on body weight, fat accumulation, and lipid metabolism of hamsters.Sixty male golden Syrian hamsters were randomly divided into six groups. Three of the groups (the S groups) were fed experimental diets containing 5%, 15%, and 20% (w/w) fat of soybean oil (S5, S15, and S20, respectively), and the other thr ...
- Chang, Jung-Su, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Nutrition 2014 v.30 no.10 pp. 1165-1170
- blood serum; body mass index; boys; childhood; childhood obesity; children; confidence interval; cross-sectional studies; girls; health surveys; hepcidin; homeostasis; interleukin-10; interleukin-1beta; iron; iron overload; nitric oxide; nutrient deficiencies; nutritional status; odds ratio; regression analysis; risk; Taiwan
- ... A sharp increase in the prevalence of obesity and a decline in iron deficiency in children was observed between the two consecutive Nutrition and Health Surveys in Taiwan. The aim of this study was to evaluate the distribution of hepcidin in relation to nutritional status in children.648 children ages 7 to 13 y living in Taipei and New Taipei City were enrolled in this study. Parameters for obesit ...