Jump to Main Content
- Alcubierre, Nuria; Navarrete-Muñoz, Eva M.; Rubinat, Esther; Falguera, Mireia; Valls, Joan; Traveset, Alicia; Vilanova, Maria-Belen; Marsal, Josep Ramon; Hernandez, Marta; Granado-Casas, Minerva; Martinez-Gonzalez, Dolores; Jurjo, Carmen; Franch-Nadal, Josep; Vioque, Jesús; Mauricio, Didac
- Nutrition & metabolism 2016 v.13 no.1 pp. 40
- waist circumference, etc ; case-control studies; diabetic retinopathy; educational status; energy intake; food frequency questionnaires; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; odds ratio; oleic acid; patients; physical activity; regression analysis; systolic blood pressure; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The objective of this study was to describe the intake of macronutrient, especially fatty acids, and explore their possible effect on diabetic retinopathy (DR) in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. METHODS: In this case–control study, we included a total of 146 patients with DR and 148 without DR. The intake of macronutrient was evaluated using a validated food frequency questionn ...
- Gao, Xiang; Zhang, Weidong; Wang, Yongbo; Pedram, Pardis; Cahill, Farrell; Zhai, Guangju; Randell, Edward; Gulliver, Wayne; Sun, Guang
- Nutrition & metabolism 2016 v.13 no.1 pp. 33
- waist circumference, etc ; biomarkers; blood glucose; blood serum; body mass index; case-control studies; energy intake; experimental design; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; isoleucine; leucine; men; metabolites; metabolomics; obesity; pathogenesis; patients; phenylalanine; physical activity; tyrosine; valine; women; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Metabolic abnormalities are more associated with central obesity than peripheral obesity, but the underlying mechanisms are largely unknown. The present study was to identify serum metabolic biomarkers which distinguish metabolically unhealthy centrally obese (MUCO) from metabolically healthy peripherally obese (MHPO) individuals. METHODS: A two-stage case–control study design was empl ...