Jump to Main Content
- Rosato, Valentina; Negri, Eva; Serraino, Diego; Montella, Maurizio; Libra, Massimo; Lagiou, Pagona; Facchini, Gaetano; Ferraroni, Monica; Decarli, Adriano; La Vecchia, Carlo
- Nutrition and cancer 2018 v.70 no.3 pp. 418-424
- case-control studies; confidence interval; meat consumption; men; odds ratio; processed meat; regression analysis; renal cell carcinoma; risk; urinary bladder neoplasms; women
- ... We assessed the association of processed meat intake with the risk of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) and bladder cancer. We used data from two Italian hospital-based case-control studies, including 1,115 RCC cases and 2,582 controls, and 1,417 bladder cancer cases and 1,732 controls. We calculated odds ratios (ORs) and 95% confidence intervals (CIs) with unconditional logistic regression models, adjus ...
- Mora-Pinzon, Maria C.; Trentham-Dietz, Amy; Gangnon, Ronald E.; Adams, Scott V.; Hampton, John M.; Burnside, Elizabeth; Shafer, Martin M.; Newcomb, Polly A.
- Nutrition and cancer 2018 v.70 no.3 pp. 441-446
- atomic absorption spectrometry; breast neoplasms; breasts; carcinogens; confidence interval; cross-sectional studies; estrogenic properties; heavy metals; magnesium; magnetism; odds ratio; prospective studies; radiology; regression analysis; risk; urine; women
- ... Purpose: Heavy metals and other elements may act as breast carcinogens due to estrogenic activity. We investigated associations between urine concentrations of a panel of elements and breast density. Methods: Mammographic density categories were abstracted from radiology reports of 725 women aged 40–65 yr in the Avon Army of Women. A panel of 27 elements was quantified in urine using high resoluti ...