Jump to Main Content
- Hidaka, Brandon H.; Carlson, Susan E.; Kimler, Bruce F.; Fabian, Carol J.
- Nutrition and cancer 2016 v.68 no.7 pp. 1115-1122
- food frequency questionnaires, etc ; biomarkers; breast neoplasms; cross-sectional studies; docosahexaenoic acid; eating habits; fatty acid composition; omega-3 fatty acids; postmenopause; premenopause; risk; trans fatty acids; women; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... We investigated how timing influences the role of diet in breast cancer risk with a cross-sectional study of pre-malignant change in breast tissue. Women with an elevated risk of developing breast cancer (33 premenopausal and 32 postmenopausal) completed the National Cancer Institute's food frequency questionnaire and underwent random periareolar fine-needle aspiration for evaluation of cytologic ...
- Orenstein, Liat; Chetrit, Angela; Dankner, Rachel
- Nutrition and cancer 2016 v.68 no.3 pp. 410-419
- food frequency questionnaires, etc ; blood; blood pressure; body mass index; cohort studies; dairy consumption; dietary fiber; energy intake; fruit consumption; gastrointestinal system; lifestyle; men; neoplasms; patients; physical activity; risk; vegetable consumption; vegetables; women; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Objectives: Investigate associations of healthier behaviors with 30-yr cancer incidence. Subjects/Methods: In 1982, 632 healthy men and women (ages 40–70) were interviewed for nutritional habits using a Food Frequency Questionnaire and a 24-h physical activity questionnaire. Blood pressure, weight, and height were measured, and blood was drawn for biochemical profiles. Thirteen and four subjects w ...