Jump to Main Content
- Knowles, L.M.; Milner, J.A.
- Nutrition and cancer 1998 v.30 no.3 pp. 169-174
- dose response; cell growth; neoplasms; garlic; cell division; phosphotransferases (kinases); sulfides; cell lines; enzyme activity; colon
- ... The present studies reveal the antiproliferative property of diallyl disulfide (DADS) in cultured human colon tumor cells (HCT-15) relative to its ability to decrease the proportion of cells in the G1 phase and increase the proportion of cells in the G2/M phase. The shift in the proportion of cells blocked in the G2/M phase increased as the concentration and duration of DADS exposure increased. Re ...
- Caderni, G.; Luceri, C.; Lancioni, L.; Tessitore, L.; Dolara, P.
- Nutrition and cancer 1998 v.30 no.3 pp. 175-181
- nutrient intake; dietary fat; experimental diets; cell division; animal models; intestinal mucosa; carcinogens; rats; azoxymethane; dietary supplements; oral administration; apoptosis; colon
- ... We investigated whether sodium butyrate, administered orally as gastroresistant slow-release pellets to rats, could affect markers of colon carcinogenesis. F344 male rats were fed a high-fat diet (230 g/kg corn oil, wt/wt) and treated with two injections (1 wk apart) of azoxymethane (15 mg/kg sc) or saline. Rats were then divided into two groups: one received the diet with 1.5% (wt/wt) sodium buty ...