Jump to Main Content
- Chevreau, N.; Funk-Archuleta, M.
- Nutrition and cancer 1995 v.23 no.2 pp. 185-204
- food intake; weight gain; leukocyte count; dose response; diarrhea; vitamin content; body weight; necrosis; drug toxicity; jejunum; protein intake; intestinal mucosa; folic acid; animal models; rats; protein content; histopathology; enteral feeding
- ... Type of diet influences toxic effects of the chemotherapeutic drug methotrexate (MTX) on the gastrointestinal tract (GI) tract. In this study, commercial enteral products containing various protein types were tested to determine whether they exacerbated or alleviated MTX-induced GI toxicity in a non-tumor-bearing animal model receiving a single injection of MTX (20 mg/kg). Five enteral products co ...
- Kristiansen, E.; Thorup, I.; Meyer, O.
- Nutrition and cancer 1995 v.23 no.2 pp. 151-159
- food intake; dietary fiber; neoplasms; experimental diets; sucrose; body weight; dietary carbohydrate; casein; dextrins; intestinal mucosa; animal models; lard; rats; incidence; 1,2-dimethylhydrazine; colon
- ... The present study was undertaken to investigate certain dietary factors known to affect the development of colon cancer for their ability to modulate aberrant crypt foci (ACF). Male Wistar rats were initiated with oral doses of dimethylhydrazine dihydrochloride (DMH-2HCl, 20 mg/kg body wt) once a week for 10 or 20 weeks. Throughout the study the animals were fed 1) semisynthetic casein-based contr ...