Jump to Main Content
- Rao, Pratimo; Bhat, Ramesh V.
- Nutrition and food science 2003 v.33 no.5 pp. 230-234
- Food and Agriculture Organization; World Health Organization; adulterated products; erythrosine; food additives; food law; foods; rural areas; India
- ... A study was carried out to find the type and level of food colours added to various foods in the city of Hyderabad and rural areas around Hyderabad. The majority of foods from both urban and rural areas contained permitted colours while some foods sold at kiosks contained non-permitted colours. The majority of the foods were found to contain colours exceeding the statutory limits. Of the eight syn ...
- Zahoor, A.; Jaffar, M.; Saqib, M.
- Nutrition and food science 2003 v.33 no.5 pp. 203-207
- World Health Organization; cadmium; calcium; chromium; fruits; iron; lead; magnesium; nickel; sodium; summer; zinc; Pakistan
- ... Levels of the selected major and minor elements (Na, K, Ca, Mg, Ni, Cr, Cd, Pb, Zn and Fe) in 11 summer fruits grown in Pakistan were estimated by the flame AAS method based on HNO3/HClO4 wet-digestion method. The metal concentrations are expressed as X for triplicate sub-samples with a standard deviation of +/-1.0-1.5 per cent. Of all the minor elements analyzed, Fe was found to be the dominant m ...