Jump to Main Content
- Karras, Spyridon N; Shah, Iltaf; Petroczi, Andrea; Goulis, Dimitrios G; Bili, Helen; Papadopoulou, Fotini; Harizopoulou, Vikentia; Tarlatzis, Basil C; Naughton, Declan P
- Nutrition journal 2013 v.12 no.1 pp. 650
- umbilical cord, etc ; calcium; ergocalciferol; linear models; liquid chromatography; mothers; neonates; observational studies; parathyroid hormone; phosphorus; prediction; pregnancy; spectroscopy; ultraviolet radiation; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Vitamin D concentrations during pregnancy are measured to diagnose states of insufficiency or deficiency. The aim of this study is to apply accurate assays of vitamin D forms [single- hydroxylated [25(OH)D2, 25(OH)D3], double-hydroxylated [1a25(OH)2D2, 1a25(OH)2D3], epimers [3-epi-25(OH)D2, 3-epi-25(OH)D3] in mothers (serum) and neonates (umbilical cord) to i) explore maternal and neonatal vitamin ...
- PubMed Central:
- Horton, D Kevin; Adetona, Olorunfemi; Aguilar-Villalobos, Manuel; Cassidy, Brandon E; Pfeiffer, Christine M; Schleicher, Rosemary L; Caldwell, Kathleen L; Needham, Larry L; Rathbun, Stephen L; Vena, John E; Naeher, Luke P
- Nutrition journal 2013 v.12 no.1 pp. 655
- umbilical cord, etc ; beta-carotene; beta-cryptoxanthin; blood sampling; developing countries; diet; educational status; ferritin; iron; lutein; models; monitoring; nutrient deficiencies; nutritional status; pregnancy; pregnant women; questionnaires; selenium; sociodemographic characteristics; vitamin E; Peru; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: In developing countries, deficiencies in essential micronutrients are common, particularly in pregnant women. Although, biochemical indicators of diet and nutrition are useful to assess nutritional status, few studies have examined such indicators throughout pregnancy in women in developing countries. METHODS: The primary objective of this study was to assess the nutritional status of ...
- PubMed Central: