Jump to Main Content
- Fujii, Tatiane Mieko de Meneses; Norde, Marina Maintinguer; Fisberg, Regina Mara; Marchioni, Dirce Maria Lobo; Ordovás, José M.; Rogero, Marcelo Macedo
- Nutrition research 2020 v.78 pp. 42-49
- adults; alleles; enzyme activity; fatty acid composition; genetic factors; genotype; health surveys; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; linoleic acid; linolenic acid; lipid metabolism; long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; men; oleic acid; phenotype; regression analysis; single nucleotide polymorphism; stearoyl-CoA desaturase; women; Brazil
- ... Cardiometabolic risk involves environmental and genetic factors. We aimed to investigate the relationship between plasma fatty acids and single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), located in elongase and desaturases genes, and cardiometabolic parameters in a cross-sectional population-based survey. A sample of 226 adults who participated in the Health Survey of Sao Paulo, Brazil, was selected. Clinic ...
- Yuan, Xiaoyi; Murakami, Kentaro; Asakura, Keiko; Uechi, Ken; Masayasu, Shizuko; Sasaki, Satoshi
- Nutrition research 2020 v.78 pp. 50-59
- creatinine; excretion; men; protein intake; standard deviation; t-test; urea nitrogen; urine; women; Japan
- ... In this study, we hypothesized that spot urine can be used to predict protein intake at both group and individual levels. Participants (n = 369) of this study were recruited from all 47 prefectures in Japan. Sex-specific formulas were developed based on the ratio of urea nitrogen to creatinine concentration obtained from 3 spot urine samples. Validity of the formulas was examined against two 24-ho ...