Jump to Main Content
- Xiaoyi Yuan; Kentaro Murakami; Keiko Asakura; Ken Uechi; Shizuko Masayasu; Satoshi Sasaki
- Nutrition research 2020 v.78 pp. 50-59
- creatinine; excretion; men; protein intake; standard deviation; t-test; urea nitrogen; urine; women; Japan
- ... In this study, we hypothesized that spot urine can be used to predict protein intake at both group and individual levels. Participants (n = 369) of this study were recruited from all 47 prefectures in Japan. Sex-specific formulas were developed based on the ratio of urea nitrogen to creatinine concentration obtained from 3 spot urine samples. Validity of the formulas was examined against two 24-ho ...
- Minami Sugimoto; Keiko Asakura; Shizuko Masayasu; Satoshi Sasaki
- Nutrition research 2016 v.36 pp. 818-826
- consciousness; correlation; dietitians; females; food frequency questionnaires; nutrients; nutrition assessment; nutrition knowledge; potassium; protein intake; sodium; urine; Japan
- ... To investigate the hypothesis that misreporting observed in dietary assessments would be associated with nutrition knowledge and health consciousness, we compared the degree of misreporting between 99 female dietitians and 117 nondietitians who worked at welfare facilities in Japan. Sodium, potassium, and protein intake were assessed by two 24-hour urine collections, 4-day semiweighed dietary reco ...