Jump to Main Content
- Xiaoyi Yuan; Kentaro Murakami; Keiko Asakura; Ken Uechi; Shizuko Masayasu; Satoshi Sasaki
- Nutrition research 2020 v.78 pp. 50-59
- creatinine; excretion; men; protein intake; standard deviation; t-test; urea nitrogen; urine; women; Japan
- ... In this study, we hypothesized that spot urine can be used to predict protein intake at both group and individual levels. Participants (n = 369) of this study were recruited from all 47 prefectures in Japan. Sex-specific formulas were developed based on the ratio of urea nitrogen to creatinine concentration obtained from 3 spot urine samples. Validity of the formulas was examined against two 24-ho ...
- Kentaro Murakami; Satoshi Sasaki; Kazuhiro Uenishi; Japan Dietetic Students’ Study for Nutrition and Biomarkers Group
- Nutrition research 2012 v.32 no.10 pp. 741-750
- correlation; diet history; dietary protein; energy intake; energy requirements; excretion; nutrient density; nutrients; potassium; protein intake; proteins; questionnaires; sodium; women
- ... It is unclear whether misreporting of nutrient intakes differs according to energy reporting status. We examined misreporting of dietary protein, potassium, and sodium in under-, acceptable, and over-reporters of energy intake. Our hypothesis was that degree of misreporting of these three nutrients differs among under-, acceptable, and over-reporters. Participants were 1043 Japanese women aged 18 ...