Jump to Main Content
- Blöschl, Günter, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Österreichische Wasser- und Abfallwirtschaft 2018 v.70 no.9-10 pp. 462-473
- climate; climate change; drought; evaporation; floods; rain; runoff; water management; winter; Austria
- ... This paper summarises the results of the study “Climate change and water management – a focus on floods and droughts” which presents the current state of knowledge of climate change with regard to the effects on water management in Austria. Average evaporation in Austria has increased by about 80 mm/yr over the past three decades, similar to annual rainfall. The increasing trends in measured flood ...
- Blöschl, Günter, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Österreichische Wasser- und Abfallwirtschaft 2015 v.67 no.11-12 pp. 432-440
- case studies; hydrologic models; remote sensing; satellites; snow; snowpack; water resources; watersheds; Austria
- ... This paper presents methods to combine satellite-based estimation of snow cover characteristics with hydrological modeling for Austrian catchments and discusses their pros and cons for water resources applications. Based on case studies the paper illustrates that the remote sensing methods can significantly improve the estimates of catchment snow packs as compared to traditional point measurements ...