Jump to Main Content
- France, Robert L.
- Ocean & coastal management 2016 v.133 pp. 64-71
- scientists, etc ; adaptive management; coasts; ecological restoration; ecosystem services; engineering; experts; governance; habitats; humans; models; natural capital; stakeholders; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Coastal regions are complex social-ecological systems (SESs) critically important for their diverse and invaluable services for human well-being. The marked losses of these systems on a global scale has led to proposals for the protection of healthy habitats which, however, have proven to be less than completely successful, thereby necessitating the restoration of impacted habitats. Although the e ...
- Sherman, Kate; Lanier, Andy; Barth, John A.; Conway, Flaxen; Risien, Craig; Kosro, P. Michael
- Ocean & coastal management 2016 v.130 pp. 290-298
- scientists, etc ; coasts; ecosystem management; geographical distribution; interviews; inventories; marine science; monitoring; planning; spatial data; stakeholders; water power; Oregon; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The purpose of Oregon’s Nearshore Research Inventory (NRI) project was to understand the geographic use of ocean space by the marine science community in order to include the information in Oregon’s marine spatial planning (MSP) process. Spatial data and attributes about the geographic use of Oregon’s ocean and coast by marine scientists were inventoried and mapped; including information about the ...