Jump to Main Content
- Schaefer, H. Martin, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Oecologia 2010 v.164 no.1 pp. 151-161
- Primates; birds; color; forests; frugivores; fruit consumption; fruit crops; fruits; phenols; phylogeny; plant characteristics; seed dispersal; sugars; tannins; trees; Kenya
- ... Seed dispersal by animals is an important ecological process shaping plant regeneration. In general, seed dispersers are highly variable and often opportunistic in their fruit choice. Despite much research, the factors that can explain patterns of fruit consumption among different animal groups remain contentious. Here, we analysed the interactions between 81 animal species feeding on the fruits o ...
- Schaefer, H. Martin, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Oecologia 2010 v.162 no.1 pp. 175-183
- Sylvia; assortative mating; birds; body condition; breeding sites; habitats; models; probability; spring; stable isotopes; Mediterranean region; United Kingdom
- ... The recent formation of a migratory divide in the blackcap (Sylvia atricapilla) involves sympatrically breeding birds migrating to different overwintering quarters. Within the last 50 years, a novel migratory strategy has evolved resulting in an increasing proportion of birds now wintering in Britain instead of migrating to the traditional sites in the Mediterranean area. This rapid microevolution ...