Jump to Main Content
- Lee, Ju Hyung; Kim, Tae Won; Choe, Jae Chun
- Oecologia 2009 v.159 no.1 pp. 217-224
- design for environment, etc ; parasites; hosts; space and time; environmental factors; mutualism; mortality; exoskeleton; gills; crayfish; Annelida; commensalism; fouling; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... A growing body of evidence suggests that the costs and benefits involved in cleaning interactions can vary over space and time depending on the environmental conditions. However, whether the same cleaners actually induce variable net outcomes in terms of host fitness remains unclear to date. Branchiobdellid annelids are generally regarded as commensals or rarely parasites of their freshwater crayf ...
- Mitchell, Patrick J.; Veneklaas, Erik J.; Lambers, Hans; Burgess, Stephen S. O.
- Oecologia 2008 v.158 no.3 pp. 385-397
- design for environment, etc ; agroecosystems; correlation; embolism; shrubs; stems; plant communities; wood density; water use efficiency; leaf area; leaf water potential; trees; summer; multivariate analysis; land degradation; hydraulic conductivity; Australia; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Assessing the hydrological imbalance and associated land degradation issues facing much of southern Australia and other parts of the world requires a better understanding of the defining features of ecosystem water use and the design of sustainable agroecosystems. Thus, by grouping species with similar water-use strategies into ‘hydraulic functional types’ (HFTs), we investigated the characteristi ...