Jump to Main Content
- Willebrand, Tomas, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Oikos 2011 v.120 no.11 pp. 1667-1673
- Lagopus lagopus; functional response; grouse; population density; population dynamics; population size; risk; weather; young adults; Sweden
- ... Annual variation in harvested animals (hereafter bag size) is often used as an index of population abundance when investigating population dynamics. Few studies have evaluated how well bag size tracks population change despite its widespread use. Two recent studies on grouse harvest statistics have reached contrasting conclusions. Th ere is limited information about the functional response of hunt ...
- Willebrand, Tomas, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Oikos 2007 v.116 no.9 pp. 1547-1557
- autocorrelation; hares; mountains; periodicity; population dynamics; questionnaires; Finland; Italy; Norway; Russia; Scotland; Sweden; Switzerland
- ... We investigated the occurrence and distribution of multi-annual cycles in abundance of mountain hare populations across a wide area of their range in northern Europe. We analysed 125 time-series of mountain hare abundance indexed from hunting bag records and questionnaire responses from Scotland, Sweden, Finland and Switzerland. We also reanalysed 17 previously published time-series based on hunti ...