Jump to Main Content
- Gusenbauer, Isabella; Bartel-Kratochvil, Ruth; Markut, Theresia; Hörtenhuber, Stefan; Schermer, Markus; Ausserladscheider, Valentina; Lindenthal, Thomas
- Organic agriculture 2019 v.9 no.1 pp. 13-27
- cheeses; direct marketing; food production; life cycle assessment; models; nutritive value; organic production; socioeconomic factors; supermarkets; supply chain; Austria
- ... The major aim of the study is to analyse six Austrian value chains of regionally labelled cheese along the whole food value chain concerning their potential socio-economic benefit for the labelled region. Twenty-eight quantitative as well as qualitative indicators, with a potentially positive impact on the region, were used to assess these value chains. An assessment model was developed, which is ...
- Vasileva, E.; Ivanova, D.; Tipova, N.; Stefanov, S.
- Organic agriculture 2019 v.9 no.1 pp. 1-12
- biodiversity conservation; cheeses; environmental protection; food quality; herbs; markets; models; organic foods; organic production; politics; species diversity; yogurt; Bulgaria
- ... The quality and safety of organic products has been the subject of lively debate in the scientific community in recent years. The growing demand for organic food is based primarily on consumers’ concerns about the quality and safety and the perception that organic foods are healthier and safer than conventional foods. This paper identifies and makes analyses of comparative research studies on the ...