Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Jia; Xu, Yunping; Zhou, Liping; Shi, Minrui; Axia, Ergu; Jia, Yufu; Chen, Zixun; Li, Jiazhu; Wang, Guoan
- Organic geochemistry 2018 v.126 pp. 13-22
- Artemisia; alkanes; biomarkers; biosynthesis; carbon; climatic factors; leaves; paleoecology; phylogeny; plants (botany); stable isotopes; summer; temperature; tissues; China
- ... Leaf wax n-alkanes are terrestrial plant biomarkers that have characteristics that are widely employed as proxies for climatic conditions. Understanding the relationship between different environmental factors to the amounts and types of leaf wax n-alkanes in modern plants is crucial for the application of these proxies to paleoenvironmental reconstructions. However, the effects of climate conditi ...
- Moroeng, Ofentse M.; Wagner, Nicola J.; Hall, Grant; Roberts, R. James
- Organic geochemistry 2018 v.126 pp. 23-32
- Permian period; carbon; cellulose; coal; fires; microbial activity; nitrogen; stable isotopes; wood; South Africa
- ... Fires are likely to have been central to the formation of certain inertinite macerals in South African coals. To investigate this hypothesis, a Permian, medium rank C bituminous Witbank coal (No. 4 Seam Upper) was density fractionated to yield an inertinite-rich and a vitrinite-rich sample, and assessed using stable nitrogen and carbon (δ15N and δ13C) isotopes in conjunction with nitrogen function ...