Jump to Main Content
- Gryko, Dorota, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Organic letters 2018 v.20 no.1 pp. 296-299
- acrylates; alkenes; catalytic activity; chemical structure; halides; polymerization; vitamin B12
- ... Vitamin B₁₂, a natural Co-complex, catalyzes atom transfer radical addition (ATRA) of organic halides to olefins. The established conditions were found to be very selective, with atom transfer radical polymerization (ATRP) occurring only in the case of acrylates. ...
- Gryko, Dorota, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Organic letters 2017 v.19 no.10 pp. 2670-2673
- Lewis acids; aromatic hydrocarbons; chemical reactions; chemical structure; cobalt; photochemistry
- ... Vitamin B₁₂ is a natural cobalt complex that, while reduced to the “supernucleophilic” Co(I) form, can easily react with electrophiles via an SN2 mechanism. It is also shown to react via an SN2′ mechanism with allylic compounds allowing for photochemical deprotection of (allyloxy)arenes. A sustainable alternative to commonly used noble metal-catalyzed deprotection reactions is presented. ...