Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Van-Wei; Hong, Bor-Cherng; Kao, Hsin-Kai; Tu, Ting-Hsun; Shen, Jiun-Yi; Chen, Chi-Lin; Lee, Gene-Hsiang; Chou, Pi-Tai
- Organic letters 2015 v.17 no.23 pp. 5816-5819
- catalytic activity; chemical reactions; enantioselective synthesis; enantioselectivity; models; moieties; organic compounds; proteins; solvents; tryptophan
- ... A one-pot enantioselective synthesis of 7-azaindole-octahydroisoquinolin-3-one and an inside-aza-yohimbane system containing five contiguous stereogenic centers with high enantioselectivities (>99% ee) was achieved. The prepared highly functionalized polycyclic system provides a model for probing the solvent catalyzed proton transfer reaction and mimicking the local environment of the tryptophan m ...
- Schulze, Matthias; Scott, David
E.; Scherer, Alexander; Hampel, Frank; Hamilton, Robin J.; Gray, Murray R.; Tykwinski, Rik R.; Stryker, Jeffrey M.
- Organic letters 2015 v.17 no.23 pp. 5930-5933
- X-ray diffraction; aldehydes; catalysts; chemical reactions; iodine; models; moieties; stereochemistry
- ... A multicomponent cyclocondensation reaction between 2-aminoanthracene, aromatic aldehydes, and 5-α-cholestan-3-one has been used to synthesize model asphaltene compounds. The active catalyst for this reaction has been identified as hydriodic acid, which is formed in situ from the reaction of iodine with water, while iodine is not a catalyst under anhydrous conditions. The products, which contain a ...