Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Canchao; Li, Zhumei; Zhang, Yanyun; Wang, Haitao; Liang, Wei; Møller, Anders Pape
- Ornithological Science 2016 v.15 no.2 pp. 127-132
- brood parasitism, etc ; Cuculus canorus; birds; coevolution; eggs; hosts; parasites; phenotype; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... The evolution of egg polymorphism based on strong egg discrimination by hosts of brood parasites may be a specific adaptation against avian brood parasitism. However, different cuckoo-host systems with egg polymorphism may differ in many other aspects during coevolution. We studied the interaction between the Common Cuckoo Cuculus canorus and its host, the Daurian Redstart Phoenicurus auroreus, an ...
- Tanaka, Keita D
- Ornithological Science 2016 v.15 no.2 pp. 133-140
- brood parasitism, etc ; parasites; phenotype; researchers; hosts; eggs; psychology; adults; evolutionary adaptation; color; genetic markers; genomics; chicks; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Polymorphism provides a classic example of adaptive evolution. A great advantage of studying polymorphism is that the phenotype can serve as a genetic marker; therefore, researchers can take full advantage of this to test a hypothesis based on Darwin's principle of adaptive evolution. Evolutionary theories of polymorphism have been established and suggest that polymorphism is likely maintained thr ...