Jump to Main Content
- Cao, Heping; Sethumadhavan, Kandan; Grimm, Casey C.; Ullah, Abul H.J.
- PLosOne 2014 v.9 no.9 pp. 1-10
- Momordica charantia; acid phosphatase; assays; biosynthesis; cell membranes; centrifugation; cobalt; copper sulfate; cotyledons; cytoplasm; diacylglycerols; dry matter accumulation; enzymatic hydrolysis; fatty acids; ferrous sulfate; fruits; functional foods; gels; herbal medicines; magnesium; magnesium chloride; manganese sulfate; mass spectrometry; octoxynol; pH; phosphatidate phosphatase; phospholipids; proteins; seeds; sodium fluoride; taste; zinc sulfate
- ... Momordica charantia is often called bitter melon, bitter gourd or bitter squash because its fruit has a bitter taste. The fruit has been widely used as vegetable and herbal medicine. Alpha-eleostearic acid is the major fatty acid in the seeds, but little is known about its biosynthesis. As an initial step towards understanding the biochemical mechanism of fatty acid accumulation in bitter melon se ...
- PubMed Central:
- Zeng, Yanling; Tan, Xiaofeng; Zhang, Lin; Jiang, Nan; Cao, Heping
- PLosOne 2014 v.9 no.9 pp. 1-9
- Camellia oleifera; biosynthesis; cobalt; cooking fats and oils; correlation; developmental stages; fatty acid composition; fructose-bisphosphate aldolase; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate; human health; lipid content; messenger RNA; metabolites; oleic acid; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; seed development; seeds; tea; transcriptome; transgenic plants; China
- ... Tea oil tree (Camellia oleifera, Co) provides a fine edible oil source in China. Tea oil from the seeds is very beneficial to human health. Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (FBA) hydrolyzes fructose-1,6-bisphosphate into dihydroxyacetone phosphate and glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate, two critical metabolites for oil biosynthesis. The objectives of this study were to identify FBA genes and investigate ...
- PubMed Central: