Jump to Main Content
- Silveira, Mario Henrique Barros; Mascarenhas, Rilquer; Cardoso, Domingos; Batalha-Filho, Henrique
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2019 v.527 pp. 67-76
- Pleistocene epoch; caatinga; climatic factors; forests; geographical distribution; georeferencing; islands; models; niches; phylogeography; population growth; rivers; woody plants; Brazil
- ... To investigate the past spatial dynamics of Atlantic Forest (AF) ‘island-like’ enclaves in northeastern Brazil, we employed ecological niche modeling (ENM) using a set of georeferenced records of 13 woody plant species. ENMs were constructed using the Ensemble forecasting approach and were projected into past climatic conditions for the last interglacial period (LIG, 120 kyr), last glacial maximum ...
- Zhang, Yang; Yi, Liang; Ogg, James G.
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2019 v.527 pp. 118-132
- Pleistocene epoch; Zanclean age; clay; climate; gamma radiation; geophysics; legs; magnetism; monsoon season; periodicity; sediments; tectonics; wavelengths; East Asia; South China Sea
- ... A high-resolution astronomical-tuned magnetostratigraphy was obtained from a continuous 333-m succession recovered at International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP) Hole U1499A in the north margin of the South China Sea (SCS) during joint Legs 367 & 368. A total of 12 magnetic reversals are identified through the Pliocene and Pleistocene. The cycle analysis of natural gamma ray (NGR) data shows an a ...