Jump to Main Content
- Hochmuth, Katharina; Gohl, Karsten
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2019 v.520 pp. 44-54
- hinterland, etc ; continental shelf; geophysics; ice; paleoceanography; stream flow; tectonics; Antarctic region; Antarctica; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The location and setting of the continental shelf break along the Antarctic continental shelves influences the paleoceanographic circulation patterns as well as sedimentation and ice sheet dynamics. By evaluating the available multichannel seismic reflection data and drill core information, we mapped the base of progradational features associated with the first advances of grounded ice sheet to th ...
- Zuo, Fanfan; Heimhofer, Ulrich; Huck, Stefan; Adatte, Thierry; Erbacher, Jochen; Bodin, Stéphane
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2019 v.517 pp. 1-15
- hinterland, etc ; Bivalvia; Kimmeridgian age; basins; calcite; clay; climatic factors; dry environmental conditions; evaporation; humid zones; humidity; illite; models; oxygen; oysters; sea level; stable isotopes; surface water temperature; Germany; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... In previous palaeoclimatic models, the Kimmeridgian stage has been defined as a typical greenhouse-time interval with weak latitudinal gradients. However, palaeoclimatic information based on biogenic low-Mg calcite δ18O for the Kimmeridgian is still limited. Here, shell materials (n = 81) precipitated by brachiopods, oysters and Trichites bivalves from the Lower Saxony Basin, Northern Germany are ...