Jump to Main Content
- Samant, B.; Mohabey, D.M.; Paudayal, K.N.
- Palynology 2013 v.37 no.2 pp. 298-315
- palynology; pollen; sediments; India
- ... Palynological investigations of Deccan volcanic-associated intertrappean deposits of the Late Cretaceous-Early Paleocene of central and western India were carried out. The study shows the presence of abundant triprojectate pollen grains, particularly Aquilapollenites Rouse 1957, Jiangsupollis Song 1980 in Song et al. 1980 and Farabeipollis Nandi & Chattopadhyay 2002. The data on the triprojectate ...
- Danesh, Donya C.; McCarthy, Francine M.G.; Volik, Olena; Drljepan, Matea
- Palynology 2013 v.37 no.2 pp. 231-245
- Ambrosia; Cosmarium; Euastrum; Pediastrum; Peridinium; Poaceae; Staurastrum; biochemical oxygen demand; dissolved oxygen; eutrophication; industrialization; lakes; marshes; metals; nitrates; nitrites; nutrient content; nutrients; palynology; phosphorus; phytoliths; pollen; sediments; urbanization; water quality; watersheds; Ontario
- ... The distribution of non-pollen palynomorphs (NPP) in a core from Cook's Bay, Lake Simcoe, Ontario, Canada shows a response to changes in water quality accompanying agriculture, urbanization, and industrialization. Low concentrations of nutrients in sediments with little non-arboreal pollen (NAP) record low disturbance prior to European settlement around the 1850s. These sediments are rich in desmi ...