Jump to Main Content
- Digman, M.F.; Shinners, K.J.; Dien, B.S.; Hatfield, R.D.; Li, X.L.; Muck, R.E.; Weimer, P.J.
- Paper 2007 no.071021
- enzymatic hydrolysis, etc ; Panicum virgatum; Phalaris arundinacea; biomass; cellulose; hemicellulose; storage; pretreatment; alkali treatment; calcium hydroxide; acid treatment; sulfuric acid; ozone; ozonation; enzymatic treatment; cellulases; xylanases; esterases; alcoholic fermentation; ethanol production; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; xylose; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... This research investigated the ability of on-farm pretreatments with acid, alkali, ozone or novel enzymes to improve enzymatic degradability of cellulose and hemicelluloses in biomass at the biorefinery. Two perennial grasses, switchgrass (Panicum virgatum) and reed canarygrass (Phalaris arundinacea L.), were direct-cut harvested, pretreated, and stored anaerobically for 30 d. Pretreated and untre ...
- Zheng, Y.; Pan, Z.; Zhang, R.; Wang, D.; Labavitch, J.; Jenkins, B.M.
- Paper 2006 no.067003
- enzymatic hydrolysis, etc ; Tamarix aphylla; Eucalyptus camaldulensis; Thinopyrum elongatum; Leymus triticoides; biomass; chemical composition; cellulose; hemicellulose; lignin; lignocellulose; sulfuric acid; cellulases; beta-glucosidase; biobased products; biofuels; sugars; fermentation; saline soils; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Saline crops were evaluated for their potential to be used as feedstock for fermentable sugar production via dilute acid pretreatment and enzymatic hydrolysis. The saline crops included two woods, Athel (Tamarix aphylla L) and Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus camaldulensis), and two grasses, Jose Tall Wheatgrass (Agropyron elongatum) (JTW) and Creeping Wild Rye (Leymus triticoides) (CWR). Each of the biomas ...