Jump to Main Content
- Kędziora, Andrzej
- Papers on global change IGBP 2015 v.22 no.1 pp. 63-82
- agricultural land; biodiversity; ecosystems; forests; groundwater contamination; landscapes; meadows; rural areas; shelterbelts; sustainable development; water resources; Poland
- ... Long-term human activity has led to many unfavourable changes in landscape structure. The main negative effect has been a simplification of landscape structure reflecting the removal of stable ecosystems, such as forests, shelterbelts, strips of meadows and so on, which were converted into unstable ecosystems, mainly farmlands. Thanks to these changes, serious threats have been posed to the sustai ...
- Zajączkowski, Jacek; Zajączkowski, Kazimierz
- Papers on global change IGBP 2015 v.22 no.1 pp. 53-61
- agricultural land; ecosystems; forests; government agencies; lowlands; planting; roads; shrubs; social benefit; soil erosion; trees; Poland
- ... Increasing environmental threats to agricultural production and the stability of ecosystems have been observed on the Polish lowlands since the 1970s. Several hundred million trees and shrubs have been planted on farmland, mostly along roads and with the involvement of public agencies, with a view to timber being produced, and soil erosion and the water deficit mitigated. On the basis of over 50 y ...