Jump to Main Content
- Rostron, Penelope; Pennance, Tom; Bakar, Faki; Rollinson, David; Knopp, Stefanie; Allan, Fiona; Kabole, Fatma; Ali, Said M.; Ame, Shaali M.; Webster, Bonnie L.
- Parasites & vectors 2019 v.12 no.1 pp. 514
- Zanzibar, etc ; DNA; Schistosoma haematobium; batteries; diagnostic techniques; eggs; fluorescence; genomics; monitoring; pathogens; patients; scanners; schistosomiasis haematobia; school children; urine; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Accurate diagnosis of urogenital schistosomiasis is vital for surveillance and control programmes. While a number of diagnostic techniques are available there is a need for simple, rapid and highly sensitive point-of-need (PON) tests in areas where infection prevalence and intensity are low. Recombinase Polymerase Amplification (RPA) is a sensitive isothermal molecular diagnostic techn ...
- PubMed Central:
- Glenn, Travis C; Lance, Stacey L; McKee, Anna M; Webster, Bonnie L; Emery, Aidan M; Zerlotini, Adhemar; Oliveira, Guilherme; Rollinson, David; Faircloth, Brant C
- Parasites & vectors 2013 v.6 no.1 pp. 300
- Zanzibar, etc ; DNA; Schistosoma haematobium; cercariae; conserved sequences; databases; drug resistance; genes; genetic markers; genetic variance; genetic variation; loci; microsatellite repeats; researchers; schistosomiasis; snails; Malawi; Mauritius; Nigeria; Senegal; South Africa; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Urogenital schistosomiasis caused by Schistosoma haematobium is widely distributed across Africa and is increasingly being targeted for control. Genome sequences and population genetic parameters can give insight into the potential for population- or species-level drug resistance. Microsatellite DNA loci are genetic markers in wide use by Schistosoma researchers, but there are few prim ...
- PubMed Central: