Jump to Main Content
- Bossou, Annick D, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2013 v.6 no.1 pp. 337
- disease vectors; essential oils; World Health Organization; pyrethrins; citronellal; p-cymene; citronellol; mass spectrometry; malaria; Securidaca; insecticide resistance; geranial; public health; Eucalyptus tereticornis; Ischaemum; methyl salicylate; neral; monitoring; insecticidal properties; mosquito bites; Cymbopogon citratus; Anopheles gambiae; pests; spathulenol; permethrin; chemical composition; Cochlospermum; Corymbia citriodora; gas chromatography; Dysphania ambrosioides; Benin
- ... BACKGROUND: Insecticide resistance in sub-Saharan Africa and especially in Benin is a major public health issue hindering the control of the malaria vectors. Each Anopheles species has developed a resistance to one or several classes of the insecticides currently in use in the field. Therefore, it is urgent to find alternative compounds to conquer the vector. In this study, the efficacies of essen ...
- PubMed Central:
- Linden, Annick, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2013 v.6 no.1 pp. 190
- Borrelia burgdorferi; Dermacentor reticulatus; Ixodes hexagonus; Ixodes ricinus; ecosystems; hosts; humans; issues and policy; microorganisms; monitoring; pathogens; public health; risk; surveys; tick-borne diseases; ticks; wildlife; Belgium
- ... BACKGROUND: The incidence of tick-borne diseases is increasing in Europe. Sub national information on tick distribution, ecology and vector status is often lacking. However, precise location of infection risk can lead to better targeted prevention measures, surveillance and control. METHODS: In this context, the current paper compiled geolocated tick occurrences in Belgium, a country where tick-bo ...
- PubMed Central: