Jump to Main Content
- Delhaye, Jessica; Aletti, Consolée; Glaizot, Olivier; Christe, Philippe
- Parasites & vectors 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 616
- physiological state, etc ; Culex pipiens; Plasmodium relictum; Serinus canaria; antioxidant activity; blood; blood meal; canaries; clutch size; correlation; fecundity; females; gene expression; glucose-6-phosphate 1-dehydrogenase; ingestion; insect vectors; life history; malaria; nitric oxide synthase; parasitemia; parasites; portion size; probability; superoxide dismutase; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The intake of a Plasmodium-infected blood meal may affect mosquito physiology and a series of trade-offs may occur, in particular between immune defences, reproduction and self-maintenance. We evaluated the cost of exposure to Plasmodium in the mosquito vector by investigating the effect of exposure on fecundity and survival and the implication of immune and antioxidant defences in med ...
- PubMed Central:
- Ntamatungiro, Alex J; Mayagaya, Valeriana S; Rieben, Stefan; Moore, Sarah J; Dowell, Floyd E; Maia, Marta F
- Parasites & vectors 2013 v.6 no.1 pp. 1082
- physiological state, etc ; Anopheles arabiensis; Anopheles gambiae; animal age; blood; energy; entomologists; insect vectors; insects; life history; malaria; near-infrared spectroscopy; nondestructive methods; prediction; senescence; vectorial capacity; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Determining the age of malaria vectors is essential for evaluating the impact of interventions that reduce the survival of wild mosquito populations and for estimating changes in vectorial capacity. Near infra-red spectroscopy (NIRS) is a simple and non-destructive method that has been used to determine the age and species of Anopheles gambiae s.l. by analyzing differences in absorptio ...
- PubMed Central: