Jump to Main Content
- Suter, Tobias; Crespo, MônicaMaria; de Oliveira, Mariana Francelino; de Oliveira, ThaynanSama Alves; de Melo-Santos, MariaAlice Varjal; de Oliveira, CláudiaMaria Fontes; Ayres, ConstânciaFlávia Junqueira; Barbosa, RosângelaMaria Rodrigues; Araújo, AnaPaula; Regis, LêdaNarcisa; Flacio, Eleonora; Engeler, Lukas; Müller, Pie; Silva-Filha, MariaHelena Neves Lobo
- Parasites & vectors 2017 v.10 no.1 pp. 431
- diflubenzuron, etc ; Aedes aegypti; Aedes albopictus; Bacillus thuringiensis; DDT (pesticide); Lysinibacillus sphaericus; adulticides; bendiocarb; dengue; dose response; insecticide resistance; lambda-cyhalothrin; larvae; larvicides; malathion; mortality; mosquito control; permethrin; subtropics; surveys; temperate zones; toxins; tropics; vector control; viruses; Brazil; Switzerland; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Aedes aegypti and Ae. albopictus are two highly invasive mosquito species, both vectors of several viruses, including dengue, chikungunya and Zika. While Ae. aegypti is the primary vector in the tropics and sub-tropics, Ae. albopictus is increasingly under the public health watch as it has been implicated in arbovirus-transmission in more temperate regions, including continental Europe ...
- PubMed Central:
- Flacio, Eleonora; Engeler, Lukas; Tonolla, Mauro; Lüthy, Peter; Patocchi, Nicola
- Parasites & vectors 2015 v.8 no.1 pp. 208
- diflubenzuron, etc ; Aedes albopictus; Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. israelensis; breeding sites; control methods; disease transmission; invasive species; monitoring; ovitraps; permethrin; risk; Alps region; Italy; Switzerland; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: In Ticino, a canton located south of the Alps in Switzerland, a surveillance programme on Aedes albopictus (Stegomyia albopicta) started in 2000 seeing that the region was considered at high risk of introduction based on the rapid spread of this mosquito in neighbouring Italy. METHODS: The surveillance programme, which is still ongoing, was adapted continuously to handle preventive mea ...
- PubMed Central: