Jump to Main Content
- JEDLIČKOVÁ, LUCIE; DVOŘÁKOVÁ, HANA; KAŠNÝ, MARTIN; ILGOVÁ, JANA; POTĚŠIL, DAVID; ZDRÁHAL, ZBYNĚK; MIKEŠ, LIBOR
- Parasitology 2016 v.143 no.4 pp. 494-506
- cathepsin D, etc ; Cyprinus carpio; Trematoda; cathepsin L; complementary DNA; cysteine; digestion; excretory-secretory products; genes; hemoglobin; immune system; mass spectrometry; parasites; peptides; proteomics; translation (genetics); Show all 16 Subjects
- ... In parasitic flatworms, acid endopeptidases are involved in crucial processes, including digestion, invasion, interactions with the host immune system, etc. In haematophagous monogeneans, however, no solid information has been available about the occurrence of these enzymes. Here we aimed to identify major cysteine and aspartic endopeptidase activities in Eudiplozoon nipponicum, an invasive haemat ...
- BARTLEY, KATHRYN; HUNTLEY, JOHN F.; WRIGHT, HARRY W.; NATH, MINTU; NISBET, ALASDAIR J.
- Parasitology 2012 v.139 no.6 pp. 755-765
- cathepsin D, etc ; Dermanyssus gallinae; amino acids; antigens; cDNA libraries; cathepsin L; complementary DNA; death; gene expression regulation; genes; hens; immunoglobulin Y; mites; models; mortality; risk; vaccination; vaccines; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Vaccination is a feasible strategy for controlling the haematophagous poultry red mite Dermanyssus gallinae. A cDNA library enriched for genes upregulated after feeding was created to identify potential vaccine antigens. From this library, a gene (Dg-CatD-1) encoding a 383 amino acid protein (Dg-CatD-1) with homology to cathepsin D lysosomal aspartyl proteinases was identified as a potential vacci ...