Jump to Main Content
- Mendoza-Palmero, Carlos A.; Blasco-Costa, Isabel; Pérez-Ponce de León, Gerardo
- Parasitology international 2019 v.70 pp. 102-111
- Astyanax mexicanus; Eleotridae; Gyrodactylus; Thorichthys; basins; freshwater fish; genes; gills; hydrology; internal transcribed spacers; males; new species; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; roots; Mexico; South America
- ... Gyrodactylus mojarrae n. sp. is described from the gills of the Neotropical cichlids Thorichthys maculipinnis, Rocio octofasciata, Vieja zonata and V. fenestrata from several localities across southern Mexico. The new species is erected on the basis of the morphology of the haptoral elements (anchors, bars and hooks), and its phylogenetic position within the Gyrodactylidae is evaluated based on th ...
- Vieira, Diego Henrique Mirandola Dias; Pelegrini, Larissa Sbeghen; Abdallah, Vanessa Doro; de Azevedo, Rodney Kozlowiski
- Parasitology international 2019 v.70 pp. 27-32
- Henneguya; Hoplosternum; basins; body length; fish; genetic variation; gills; intestines; nucleotide sequences; parasites; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; rivers; spores; Brazil
- ... Henneguya guanduensis was originally described as a gill parasite of the Hoplosternum litoralle, a siluriform fish belonging to the Callichthyidae family. A study was undertaken with 58 specimens of H. litoralle taken from Batalha River in the state of São Paulo. The fish were collected and examined searching for lesions and/or myxosporean plasmodia. The prevalence of infection was 9.31% in the gi ...